Thursday, April 9, 2015

Week 1 EOC: Stallions not Unicorns

A reasonable job (stallion) for me right out of College would be a nature and/or landscape photographer. I am a quiet, outdoors person who has a passion for Mother Nature. Therefore, this job would be great for the kind of lifestyle I would want to live. I would be outside in places all around the world that I have traveled to. This goal is possible because I am working on my bachelor’s degree in Digital Photography and have great support to help me get started. I do not have a lot of experience with professional nature photography but I have plenty experience with the camera and the outside world. Therefore, I could start by freelancing for different magazines or any other businesses. From there, I would build a reputation and eventually have my own galleries.

An unreasonable job (unicorn) for me right out of college would be something such as a world famous fine arts photographer. The reason is because I have simply not had the experience that a current famous fine art photographer has had. Also, it may take me several years to gain a strong business to sell my work in a way that I could make a living off of. I have not traveled the world yet; and more importantly, I do not have a big professional portfolio that I can prove to the world my capabilities. As I mentioned in my last paragraph, I need a lot of freelancing and little jobs here and there to build my reputation. Eventually, I hope to create my own galleries around at least the United States and sell my photos to high and low end businesses, art fanatics or anyone else who simply loves photography. Right now though, I may have to stick with freelancing, but as long as I am out taking photos, I will be happy no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment